Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
When I got the 68 I thought I could convince the wife that it was a better project than her 66 stang but I have had no luck so it has to go!!! I am either going to part it or sell it as a project parts car. I would like to keep the 9" out of it (for the stang)but thats not mandatory. It has a 351w in it that was rebuilt but the heads are off
(DO castings with screw in studs, guideplates and svo rockers). Rebuilt C4 with a stall converter. The body is good, the grill & tail lights are
nice but the bumpers need chrome. Nice valances and quarters but has the cowl leak and the floors hae been patched with flat metal, interior is
rough with the wrong buckets and no headliner or carpet. Should I part it or would someone save it? If interested email me off list. If I get enough requests for parts I might part it out. Here's a link to the only photos online.
John
wvcat
http://www.geocities.com/ragcat69/my68cougarforsale.html

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'll never figure these women out. I could see it if the Stang was a 2+2 or something but whatever. Mine keeps whining for a 71-73 Stang convertable of all things.

I think the 68 would make someone a nice restomod and I guess now would be the time to fix the cowl issue before the paint job PIA that it is. Floor pans are easy enough. My question is if the motors redone, why are the heads off?? mm

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Mark its kinda a long story. Chuck bought the 68 but never registered it for the road. The drivetrain was completely redone but it was a little radical. I think with the big cam and the stall converter not to metion 3:89 gears he may have been intimidated or maybe he just wanted a 69, he will have to answer that because I'm not sure. The car sat for a while and Chuck ran across his 69 vert(ragcat) and thought he could beef it up a little by swapping the heads. Nothing against Chuck but he didn't have the ability to do this project properly and the car would not run right so he tore it all back apart and they sat for a while longer. With the motivation of this group he finally had someone reassemble ragcat with its original heads and thats where I came in. I had intentions of fixing the 68 when I made the deal but my wife will not be happy until she has a stang so here I am with 2 projects. BTW its a strange thing, theres just no telling what a woman will want or like but she doesn't like fastbacks or verts...lol
John
wcat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts