1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Vince - you didn't excercise the BIN option! Looks pretty decent - fair amount of rot around wheel wells from the pics though.....makes me think the underside may be hurting

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vince - you didn't excercise the BIN option! Looks pretty decent - fair amount of rot around wheel wells from the pics though.....makes me think the underside may be hurting
I want to see more pictures. I think the seller is probably trying to hide something. I do like the Black Cherry paint but too bad someone messed with the interior. Did I mention I want to see more pictures?

:smoke:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i could swear this car was on craigslist in az not long ago. i remember those door panels.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
it also has a 67 steering wheel. same car.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not a lot of pics Vince you're right but at least the seller showed the inside of the trunk, interior and engine bay. Also did not hype the car with a bunch of Cougar history that did not pertain to the car itself. Your first 2 videos are the same with a 20 ft 3 minute long 360 and the 3rd is just hype. Not sure where your witty comment is coming from but the proof will be the final bid on your car. You may have a great example but there is no way to really know. It is YOUR job to present the car not the potential buyer to squeeze all of the details out of you. That is if you expect strong bidding and interest.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Not a lot of pics Vince you're right but at least the seller showed the inside of the trunk, interior and engine bay. Also did not hype the car with a bunch of Cougar history that did not pertain to the car itself. Your first 2 videos are the same with a 20 ft 3 minute long 360 and the 3rd is just hype. Not sure where your witty comment is coming from but the proof will be the final bid on your car. You may have a great example but there is no way to really know. It is YOUR job to present the car not the potential buyer to squeeze all of the details out of you. That is if you expect strong bidding and interest.
Well said, Kerry.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI there are many folks who have no clue regarding the history of the Cougar so it makes sense to me to set the table with some background and history of the car.

Do me a favor, don't tell me how to market my car and I won't tell you how to market yours.

I just don't understand why some folks find it necessary to give unsolicited "advice" to people trying to sell their cars on this forum.

If you're not interested in buying the car and the seller is not looking/asking for specific advice on how to sell their car then one should just mind their own business.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Vincent this is a discussion forum, everyone here has a vested interest in classic Cougars. We want your car to sell for a good price, whether you want us to root for you or not.

You are the one that started the 'peanut gallery' comments on the sale of the above Cougar. Unsolicited advice is what you call it. Yes or No?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vincent this is a discussion forum, everyone here has a vested interest in classic Cougars. We want your car to sell for a good price, whether you want us to root for you or not.

You are the one that started the 'peanut gallery' comments on the sale of the above Cougar. Unsolicited advice is what you call it. Yes or No?
"more pictures" was meant tongue-in-cheek. i'm glad someone took the bait. it's supposed to be a forum for buyers and sellers to connect. it's not meant to be a forum for cougar critics and car selling advisors aka the "peanut gallery". i believe there is a separate discussion forum on mc.net for that.

:klo:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Perhaps you've never heard of this concept before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt9jAkWie4&feature=related

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Adam, cool post

1 - 16 of 16 Posts