Mercury Cougar Owners banner

68 Cougar XR/7 'X' code (68KAT)

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gaugster 
#1 ·
Sadly, we are downsizing and it means that 68 KAT has to go. That and my back and arthritis issues means its time to retire from wrenching.

68 KAT has pictures on the site. Saxony Yellow with black vinyl top. Saddle interior. Rebuilt 390 with RV cam. Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold (still have stock 2bbl manifold) and Demon 625 vacuum secondaries carb. Complete brake overhaul in 2015. C6 transmission rebuilt last year with wide ratio 1st gear kit. MSD distributor with electronic ignition. Steel styled wheels.

Still has original seats - front leather are worn. Have Mart report. Advertised for $21K. Will take $19,500 from mercurycougar.net member.

I can add many more pictures if requested.

Ken J.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Classic car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello. I am new to these ol' Cougars but learning what I can. This is my first post on here as it were. If you could PM me more details like the VIN and any other background history I would appreciate it. I live is the suburbs of Chicago.

Thank you,

Gaugster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.