Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
68 Cougar standard coupe with a 302 4V, auto, AC with non power drum brakes. The motor is original numbers matching​
The car had a vinyl top that had gone bad, it dried out cracked up and water pooled in it that than rotted out the roof and the floors. This car was originally from California and from what I understand the problem with the top is a common one. The top and floors have been replaced and just need a little finishing. The rest of the body and frame are very solid and would take much to finish. The motor ran real good, it has an aluminum intake, Mallory distributor and MSD ignition. The car was originally Lime-gold green with a saddle interior and a black vinyl top. I got the car with some black interior, I have most of it and most of the trim.​
I want $2500 for the car and it is well worth that price, you would have a hard time finding a Cougar with a body in as good a shape as this for twice the price.​
Call me at 845-531-9163 or E-mail [email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...The top and floors have been replaced and just need a little finishing...
This (in my mind) is "the kicker". You need to provide a lot more info on how (and how well) this was done. Without this, the words "hard (to) sell" come to mind. This, my $.02.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts