·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Ohio GTE-1.jpg
I looked to buy the car years ago, but instead purchased my Wellington Blue car. At the time this car had the engine out and had some rust bubbling here and there. It has since, I believe gone through a couple of owners. I do know that the engine that was with the car when I looked at it was not the original. The car at that time had Iowa plates on it. I have lots of pics from back then.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Car has issues from one end to the other and has been for sale for years now, it has been discussed here several times with pictures.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car has issues from one end to the other and has been for sale for years now, it has been discussed here several times with pictures.
Based on your expert opinion, what is it worth now and how much to get it into auction condition? Does it have potential to sell for $165,000+ or was that sale price an aberration?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
cougar_006comp.jpg Ohio GTE-12.jpg More pics

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Vincent -- I know you asked the opinion of the value of Don, not me, but I thought I'd share my opinion with you, for whatever value that might have. I've seen the car several times, and I believe it now has a "correct" engine, but not the "original" engine. If that is the case, I believe the value to be about $40K, given what else needs to be done to put it into comparative quality with Brians' red GT-E that sold at B-J. There is a world of difference between this blue car and Brians' car.
Jim Pinkerton
Cougar GT-E Registrar

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vincent -- I know you asked the opinion of the value of Don, not me, but I thought I'd share my opinion with you, for whatever value that might have. I've seen the car several times, and I believe it now has a "correct" engine, but not the "original" engine. If that is the case, I believe the value to be about $40K, given what else needs to be done to put it into comparative quality with Brians' red GT-E that sold at B-J. There is a world of difference between this blue car and Brians' car.
Jim Pinkerton
Cougar GT-E Registrar
Thanks for your expert opinion as well. I guess the real question is how much money it would take to close that "world of difference" between the 2 cars and whether or not it would be a reasonable bet to sell for a comparable price. Given the high profile of these cars I'm surprised no one has been willing to roll the dice, so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts