Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad for a 68 Cougar for sale in Oneida, Tn. The price looked way too low, so I emailed through the for sale page. The seller says she is recently divorced and no longer wants the ex's old car, and will sell it for $2700. including shipping. Payment must be made using Google Wallet. I confirmed that Google Wallet does not do transactions for motor vehicles, and it is a scam. Checked further, and found many people whose emails looked the same. If you see a [email protected] as a seller, BEWARE!!! It's a scam. The pictures she sent were of a gorgeous navy blue/ white top/ white interior Cougar with a skyscraper as the backdrop, taken on the roof of a parking garage. If you have seen a pic like this, lets tell the owner his car pics are being used in a scam.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Almost any reply at [email protected] on CL is most likely a scammer/spammer. I think they choose gmail becuase of all the wizbang features they have access to add even more autogenerated "social" connections - particularly if anybody who responds also has google+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts