1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Nice car for a starter John. Curious what your restomod ideas were with this car. 427 4 speed maybe?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have a 69 351W engine I was going to stroke to a 396 with a Tremec 5 speed, RRS suspension, 4 wheel disc brake and so forth. Of course It would require selling the 428CJ Eliminator first!! I want a car I can drive and have fun with. I'm tired of having trailer queens!!

Reactions: Mercury

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I just listed a nice 68 Cougar on EBay. I was going to make it a resto-mod but just don't have the time. It is great car to start with. Here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercury-Cougar-Nice-original-Cougar-restoration-/250745911241?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a619ef7c9
I've been eyeballing this car, John..I think it'd be a pretty sweet little "run around" car..but alas, my timing is just not right at the moment! Dangit..

If it's around in a couple of weeks and I have a bunch of cash comin' in soon..I'd love such an original car. The vinyl top obviously would need replacement, but this car reminds me a lot of the Cat Don got for his wife and I was soooo jealous ;)

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian - Don't despair, I actually have another one without a vinyl top and all original paint you might like. Just doing a couple things to it and it will be for sale AFTER you get your load of cash! Of course with all that money you could buy both or better yet if your GTE goes for megabucks you could buy my 428CJ Eliminator! - :)

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
;) I fear every Cat that will be a temptress..thanks for lookin' out for me, John. You're too kind, haha..

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has been sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts