Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2483835626.html

1968 Cougar Convertible - $12500 (Port Huron )

<hr>Date: 2011-07-08, 2:31PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] <sup>[Errors when replying to ads?]</sup>
<hr>

1968 Cougar Convertable Dove gray with black top and interior. Automatic / Power
steering. Solid body no rust. Have owned 26 years. Only 50,000 miles on 302 and trans
Flowmaster duals. Convertable top has plexiglass rear window, like new. Original Dan
Gurney interior, consul, clock, am fm radio. Sequential tail lights/hidden head lights.
Drive Anywhere Hurry Phone (810)-385-5434 Port Huron Mi.<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Port Huron -->Location: Port Huron
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<!-- END CLTAGS --><table summary="craigslist hosted images"><tbody><tr><td align="center">
</td><td align="center"></td></tr><tr><td align="center"></td><td align="center"></td></tr></tbody></table>
PostingID: 2483835626

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
No mention of what went into the 'vert conversion (or how it was done), looks good from the single picture. Bill Pratt, you aware of this one?

Also, another rarity, the car has a "consul", guess this is in case you get involved in some international intrigue...

:buck:

P.S. Interesting links in your sig Tim.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Which, BTW, you can be for free if you write an article about, say, restoring a rusty car.
Duly noted. BTW, (and apologies in advance for taking this OT), have the CCOA put up the Carlisle 2011 winners link 'wudya? There is a, say, restored rusty car amongst this years winners.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
No mention of what went into the 'vert conversion (or how it was done), looks good from the single picture. Bill Pratt, you aware of this one?
Yes, I am. The owner consulted Phil Parcells on the asking price and Phil consulted me. I have an extensive set of pictures that show how the conversion was done. I wouldn't put it in the same category of conversion with CatVert, but the quality of the work that was done appears to be solid and the price is a very fair one for a good conversion. Consider that the price is only slightly above what a nice cruise night show driver hardtop might bring.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Agreed on the price for sure Bill. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts