Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys got a problem here i blew a power valve in my 600 holley and now its loading up and feeding to much fuel. I put a smaller p.v in it and its running like crap any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Holley makes high flow and standard flow power valves, but usually they are rated by their opening vacuum. When you say smaller, did you mean lower opening vacuum? Yeah, that would really screw up your tune. Most parts stores sell Holley power valves. I recommend getting the right one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read the packet my carb came in they told me if i blew the power valve i would be better off putting a 35 in it rather than a 65 but only when its cold it happens runs like crap and just keeps loading up when it gets to normal op temp it runs decent, but not at 100% like it should be i was thinking it might have dirt in the carb or rejetting it would help

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
What carb did you get? The Holley power valve issue has been fixed for several years now in the new models.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Look down in the venturis when idling, see if gas is dripping from the mixers. Check the air bleeds for trash.
Choke hooked up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes the choke is hooked up and works no what if i saw dripping while at idle so i have to put small jets in or just clean it out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts