Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bench seat that I pulled out of a 68 cougar. I took it out before the car was crushed because I thought it was pritty rare. Could anyone tell me how rare this seat is and what kind of a market there is for it. The vinal is pritty ruff but its all there.

Thanks,
Curtis

·
Registered
123 Posts
my 68 has a bench seat and if I remember the stats from TCCN, there were less than 3000 that came equipped that way. now remember that just because something is rare does not make it desirable, except in this case it is :D
Of course I could be biased. Have no idea how the market is though.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well, they are rare, as for desireable?? i would say so too. i have a teacher with a 66 Stang that has a bench seat in it. damn thats a sweet setup. looks like buckets with the arm rest down and folds up when you are cruisen with the ladies... lol. id rather have teh bench seat than a console personally. its a sweet thing. i wish my car had one. but oh well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree... my 66 mustang had the buckets, my 67 cougar has the bench with the fold down armrest and I thinks it's the greatest thing.

Hm, had the cougar 5 days and tomorrow I'm pulling the engine/trans out so I can paint everything under the hood. (trans just because it's easy and I hate trying to line up the engine and trans to re-install... ;)

Gotta get this thing in shape for those nationals.. not that I have any clue as to what the nats actually are and what takes place there, but I gotta get ready for it anyway.! hehe

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts