Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was putting my console in & was just taking a good look at everything befor I screwed it down. I started wondering about the back-up switch, where is it ? What activates the light when its put into reverse?. I spent a little time looking around but couldn"t find anything that I thought would be a switch so I went to the ford manual. In the manual it says its on the transmission, so off I go to look but still see nothing, am I missing something ?. I did some research but could not find anything that helped , so if there is someone who can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Terry

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Neutral safety switch on a C4 anyway.

·
11,000 Posts
You can follow the wires from the firewall to the neutral safety / reverse lamp switch. Here is what it looks like:

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have a new one just like that one, that I bought by mistake and would like to trade it for an FMX switch. But I found out that the FMX is much more expensive....*sigh*

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies & the picture Royce, its muchly appreciated. I was susspecting it was part of the neutral safety switch, last night while finishing the console I got the back-up to work & figured it had to come
through the nss. Thanks agian for the help its nice to have confirmation on what I had thought.

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts