Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy has suggested to me that perhaps the brake warning light switch (plastic switch with two prong connector that screws into the distribution block) may be supposed to have a spring internal to the switch which would push the plunger back down (when the shuttle is centered as it should be) rather than relying on gravity alone to let the plunger drop back down. If yes, all the switches I have are bad (no spring action but plunger free), this might explain the unusual amount of difficulty I have had trying to get the warning light to stay out after centering the valve. Can anyone comment?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Yes, they are spring loaded. Listen to your buddies.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think u are lying. This would mean you have buddies........

:)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think u are lying. This would mean you have buddies........

:)
LOL Barney, good 'pernt! I pay them well; and I tie a pork chop around my neck in order to get my dog to play with me... :buck:

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
LOL Barney, good 'pernt! I pay them well; and I tie a pork chop around my neck in order to get my dog to play with me... :buck:
SO THAT'S why all the neighborhood dogs used to chase me on the way to school!!! My brother told me the pork chop would keep them away!! Wow ya learn something new every day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Distribution block? where is this block located? I have a brake warning light that stays on too....

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Distribution block? where is this block located? I have a brake warning light that stays on too....
Driver side apron. Follow the lines off of your master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they are spring loaded. Listen to your buddies.
Yep, they sure are. I bought a new one for the block in Isabel, but the other two switches I had from two other blocks I was able to repair. I yanked out the plungers. With some WD-40 and a sheet rock screw I was able to free the springs up in them, put the plungers back in and voila! Fixed and working.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
This might be a chance to recommend the dist block rebuild video on WCCC TV...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts