Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pulling the original 302 and C-4 Transmission from my 68 XR7. We're putting in a 5.0 with AOD trans.
I'm in the Asheville, NC area. Is anyone interested in the engine and trans combo? The engine runs fine, no smoke or knocks and the transmission shifts smoothly into all gears. Also can anyone tell me the fair asking price for these items?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not far from you, and also have the F-code 302 with the C-4 in a '68 XR7. Slow as a snail compared to my '94 Mustang with the 5.0 and AOD-E. I'm keeping the Cougar stock and original, though. Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I pull the engine and transmission from the car can any one tell me a fair asking price? It is the original engine and transmission combo.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm pulling the original 302 and C-4 Transmission from my 68 XR7. We're putting in a 5.0 with AOD trans.
I'm in the Asheville, NC area. Is anyone interested in the engine and trans combo? The engine runs fine, no smoke or knocks and the transmission shifts smoothly into all gears. Also can anyone tell me the fair asking price for these items?
Any idea about mileage? pm sent

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The odometer shows 63k and the car was stored in a shed since 1994. The previous owner said that's actual mileage, but I don't actually know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts