Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!! Just wanted to check here as I ended up buying a 4-speed transmission for a 1968-1/2 428 CJ Mustang recently. When I got it home I checked the VIN number on it and it turns out that it is actually for a 1968-1/2 428 CJ Cougar!!

I got the Marti Sheet on the car and it is a Standard Grecian Gold GT car with a Black Vinyl Top and a Light Nugget Gold Standard Interior. 428 CJ Ram Air, 4-speed, and 3.50 Axle ordered out of the Cincinatti DSO and sold new in Pearlsburg, VA.

VIN is 8F91R588592; if by chance somebody here owns or knows of the car and they are interested in the original numbers matching transmission for it please let me know before I use it in something else.

Thanks, 69Shelby :sun2:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow, nicely optioned Cougar.

Thanks for reporting the VIN. Phil Parcells, who is keeping track of the database doesn't post on here but I'll send along this # to him.

Be interesting to see if anything is already known about this Cougar.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Phil Parcells responded and said that this Cougar is new to the database - thanks again for posting this info 69Shelby.

Phil would like a copy of the Marti. Would it be possible for you to PM that to me 69Shelby?

I would pass it along to Phil.

- Phillip

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
There is a 1968 Cougar R code registrar too. His name is Bill Quay. Phil will likely pass on the information.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yep, Phil will share all info with Bill.

Phil said that the CJ Cougar this tranny belongs to was sold new at a dealership in Pearlsburg Virginia called "Virginia Garage Inc." which is an odd sounding name.

The same dealer also sold an R-code '69.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts