1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Oh man... this could potentially be my dream Cougar. Inverness (Augusta) green, Saddle, XR7, no vinyl top, 390 4-speed, power disc brakes, ss wheels.... obviously needs a lot of work but that could be a great, great car once restored.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
He's got stars in his eyes asking $6000.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
He turned down $6K from me last spring when he was asking more. I decided to pass when I saw the photos of the body work that had been done. But I'm watching this one to see where it goes; the first bid was mine.

·
11,000 Posts
6K is reasonable if it is the car you want to keep.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Seems like too much money to me without the original drivetrain. The parts that go with it certainly add some value, but I'd be out at significantly less than $6k. Good luck Bill, I hope you get it for my price. :)

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I would pop 6K for it if I wasn't so far into mine already. But I am restomodding mine. That one would have to go back as original as possible if it was me.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Al, I'm not going to go to 6K this time around. Last time, I hadn't yet acquired the 67 XR-7 GT I have now; I was still in the hunt. I'm only interested now if it's a real bargain. A third bidder has entered the picture and pushed the bid up over $2500, so it's moving toward the upper limit of my interest.

For those here who may be bidding, make sure you look at all the pictures and take special note of how the structural repairs were done. If you aren't knowledgeable about body work, have someone who is view the photos on your behalf. My take is that a lot of that work is going to have to be redone and that's going to make this car a more expensive project than it seems at first glance.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
SOLD for $3300. I hope it went to someone here. I just couldn't bring myself to bid more than $3250, given the amount of rework I think it's going to need and the fact that I already have a nice XR-7 GT (even if it isn't a 4-speed).

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
SOLD for $3300. I hope it went to someone here. I just couldn't bring myself to bid more than $3250, given the amount of rework I think it's going to need and the fact that I already have a nice XR-7 GT (even if it isn't a 4-speed).
I almost bid $3500 Bill, but I saw you were the high bidder and to be honest I really didn't want it that bad. I probably would have been sniped at the last second the same as you were anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
My wife wasn't happy that I was bidding on it, so I just decided that it had to be a bargain if I ended up with it. We had already agreed that I'd make $3500 my top bid as well and I decided to back off even from that. I agree that the winner probably would have outbid us both at that level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts