1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It's a little over budget, particularly when you add in shipping.
But I might be interested in getting eyes and ears on it, and some pictures if your willing.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think 5K is bad at all, for a factory 4 speed cougar, especially if it is the typical western rust free shell. But if you are a serious buyer, I can make some time..

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Didn't say it was a bad price, said it was a little over my budget. As for being "a serious buyer", that depends on what you tell me. lol
If you're still game, thank you.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the guy an email, we'll see what happens....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I checked out the car, it doesn't have a perfect body, but is still in really good shape. I'll have some pictures up in the morning...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My impressions? Car is a solid start, but has some rust around the usual places in the rear quarters. It took a hit on the nose at some time in its life, the head light doors and front bumper don't fit quite right. fo sale 352.jpg fo sale 353.jpg fo sale 354.jpg fo sale 355.jpg fo sale 356.jpg

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
And some shots of the front end.. fo sale 368.jpg fo sale 370.jpg fo sale 371.jpg fo sale 372.jpg fo sale 374.jpg

I've never seen a factory four speed cougar before, and if there was any way I could swing this car, I would be all over it..

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, but Lloyd, I kept the rear quarters that I need for my 67....HA!
The story is that the owner just died, and his widow has to pay the bills. They had no insurance....

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
A engine code or C engine code ?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Sure looks like a keeper to me.

7F93C574573
65B M 6U 14C 54 D 5

1 of 495 - 289-2V 4 speeds in an XR7
3.25 equaloc rear end, console, tilt, disc brakes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
interesting rear ratio not sure I remember seeing an 8 inch 3.25. Proof of a 9 inch small block in 67??

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Brian - looks pretty decent for the $......maybe the mustang will sell and you can pick up this cat ;>) lol yeah, it's like going to a shelter - you can't save 'em all!! But it's only one more...........

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, they are pretty firm on the price, at 5K. If I had the money, I would give the 5K. Sure it needs interior work, but the engine seems solid. I didn't go under the car, but probably could go back and do so, with a pair of ramps or something. The black paint hides a lot of sins around the rear wheel wells, and they will need some work.
But it is a daily driver quality car as it sits. It's in a LOT better shape than my 67 XR7, but mine is that 1 of 2 color combination car, so I am going to keep it. My girl friend said she would help me buy it, if I got rid of one of my other cars! For me, the advantage of this one is the 4 speed, and it should probably be kept close to stock. My 68 and 69 will both soon have a stick shift, so that is where I will get my gear changing fun from!

I can probably go get more pictures of anything in particular, if anybody wants some.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts