Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I repainted my 67 with the glass out, installed the headliner and had a window shop install the front and rear glass. I used WCCC gaskets. I didnt have the clips for the trim so I had them install the glass without them (knowing the glass has to come back out to install clips). That being said I dont have trim. They ran a black bead of sealant all the way around the rear glass and it doesnt seem to leak. BUT on the front they only ran a bead of sealant around the outer edge at the top and sides. On my way home today I got a good amount of water from what seems to be the front lower corners. Should I just put some sealant on the lower edge and call it a day? What kind is best?
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I called the glass guy and he said he doesn't put any on the lower edge because water can't seep in. I dont believe that though.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bottom line is that trim or no trim, if the windshield leaks after you paid to have it installed is a recall to the installer for a no charge repair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they said to bring it in so they can check it for leaks, just wont be able to take it there for a month. I guess I'll just have to watch the weather more carefully if I plan on driving it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts