Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the motor out of my 67 std and need new motor mounts because they are torn. The PO put the 351 Cleveland in so I dont know what he may have changed already. After some research I dont know what I need. I read that the mounting pads are different from 68 and that i need those in order to use the repro mounts. My question is how do I tell what I have and what I need. I cant find any part numbers anywhere on the parts I have.
Thanks
Brian

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Well that can't be right! I'll have to measure one I have in the parts collection, I'd bet it is the tall one and is 4 1/4".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the one i have is 4 1/4.. What I still dont get is the difference in motor mount pads from 67 to 68. Don sells one mount that states you have to have the updated pads, so maybe mine were already changed. If they were though I wouldnt know how to tell.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
the one i have is 4 1/4.. What I still dont get is the difference in motor mount pads from 67 to 68. Don sells one mount that states you have to have the updated pads, so maybe mine were already changed. If they were though I wouldnt know how to tell.
If your motor mount look like the ones in the two pictures in the link I sent, I think it is safe to assume your frame mounts have been changed. I will check a mount tonight and let you know, pretty sure I will find 4 1/4" as well which I believe would indicate the "tall" mount.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
4 1/4" on the mounts I have, so if you were to buy the second on the list you will be fine.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to napa today to get some supplies and ended up buying a set of mounts for 69 cougar with a 351 and they are a match to the ones I currently had so looks like I have one issue solved. Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Good job Brian! Glad I could help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts