Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a weatherstrip kit for my trunk & after putting it in my trunk isnt flush with the body . Is this normal? Do i just need to let it settle? Plus i dont know if I installed it correctly:uhoh: ,does anyone have a pic of their trunk with it installed. I could use a reference pic to make sure....

Thanks- James

·
Registered
379 Posts
follow the pattern of the original , the new seal is going to be thicker than the rock hard one you took out give it time or make some hinge adj.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish i could ,but when I got her she had no striping anywhere!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I did the same thing and got the same problem... Removed the deck lid, replaced the seal (correctly C seal facing inward) and reinstalled deck lid. Now lid is raise up. I tried adjusting, but deck just got harder to close. Do I need to wait for it to conform?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Definitely wait guys. The car needs time to sit and maybe even be out in the sun and warmer temps for the rubber to settle. It may look off a little bit that's better than dry rotted gasket that leaks. It took about 6months for mine to settle, and I am a lot happier with the sound of it closing then previously with the old gasket.

·
Registered
913 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts