Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 cougar that I am rod'n out, and the original seats are shot. I could have them reupholstered but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper/easier to just find a pair of mustang seats of the same era? Would this work? Are the mounting brackets the same?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hi John,

Yeah, I'm about 99.82347 % sure the Mustang frames and brackets are exactly the same as the Cougar's - pretty positive about it for 67-68 model years.

The upholstery, of course, is significantly different though...

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Hey 67, if you need any parts, let me know. I have tons and just about ready to get rid of the. Seats, door panels,consoles etc. Good luck in your project.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks! :)

To be honest, I've been considering selling my cat. I've too little time these days and I am in need of a reliable car, unfortunatly I have way too much money in this car and, if I do sell, I have no idea what to ask for.

Not being a home owner yet tends to cramp my kitty's style, I'll probably end up storing it for a year or two a my brother's place. :p

-John

·
Registered
21 Posts
cool, I might need door panels, I am going to be taking it too get all the mechanical done first, I am not a home onwer either just plan on taking it out on weekends when I am finished.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey jchalfant what kind of motor do you have in your sweet looking cat? It looked really nice what kind of specs,and what kind of power and qt times would you expect? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts