Mercury Cougar Owners banner

'67 plenum repop?

689 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  cougarguy 
#1 ·
Already on the track of another Cat... this one living in AZ. Owner says that plenum is toast. Is this a repop'd item and a fairly easy fix like it is on the Mustangs?

One of the things that I'm learning quickly is that there's not nearly the repop market for Cougars that there is for 'stangs.

#3 ·
The AC / heat is distributed through a hard cardboard box under the dash before running to the vents. It is not unusual for this box to have broken down over the years. Mustang repop plenums are often made of plastic, and cost about $14. Don't know if they're made at all for Cougars, or if it's an easy fix.

#4 ·
66_Pony

I could be wrong...but I believe that Cougars and Mustangs used the same plenum units. Call Mustangs Unlimited in Conn. to verify. They sell parts for both cars and can cross reference part numbers.

Nice Stang BTW...:D

#7 ·
yes the two are diffrent at least in the 69 70 as to the 67 68 im pretty sure they too are a diffrent configuration but they sell both just order the one for an ac unit.

#8 ·
cougarguy said:
yes the two are diffrent at least in the 69 70 as to the 67 68 im pretty sure they too are a diffrent configuration but they sell both just order the one for an ac unit.
My understanding after checking my catalogs and talking with Cascade Classics is that the AC-version plenum is only available from a donor vehicle. Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

#9 ·
I thought mustangs unlimited had both i will check my catalouges and see but i thought there was two shown one for ac one without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.