Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching HBO last night around 1AM and found a movie called Styx starring Peter Weller. In it he is driving a 67 or 68 cougar in a chase scene. The bad part is he runs the cougar off the dock into the bay. No respect! Another cougar lost. What do the filmakers think that cougars are disposable items tossed out as mustangs ugly sister. Well its worth a look at the movie to see the cougar hauling ass down the streets. The movie was made in 2001 and is a direct to video release.:cry:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was checking TV listings and this movie Styx comes on early Thurs morning 4:15 A.M (1/2/03) on Cinemax. Set your VCR's.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
In the movie 'The Kid' with Bruce Willis, near the end, when the kid and Bruce go back to 1968 to the playground at the school, the kid is getting picked on and Bruce walks around the outside fence of the play area, in the background is a white car, I swear its a 68 cougar, anyone know if I am right or not, watching on TV so could not rewind.

·
Registered
145 Posts
in the movie ET as the kids are evading the police on their bicycles they ride through a playground. as the camera pans from left to right you can see the front of a white 69 cougar. I've seen the film a couple of times, but not until I owned a cougar would I have even noticed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Who could forget Diana Rigg's ragtop...

...XR7 w/428CJ-R in the 007 flick On Her Majesty's Secret Service. "Arrest me" Red with a red interior & a black top. Hubba hubba -- for both the Cougar & the "kitten!" They both are perfect to represent Mrs. James Bond.

Here's a cool bit of trivia on that car -- the original factory invoice:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Forrest Gump man... " S*it Happens... " then there is one in the background

·
Registered
866 Posts
"Simon Says" episode of the Outer Limits, has a nice few minute scene of a 70 vert... shows the inside, side, and rear of the car, as the main characters are in it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
no check out the bond film his majesty's secret service i think it is. the bond guy that only was in one bond film, anyways the chick in the beginning is driving a 70's red convertable eliminator very nice

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, for anyone else who likes to see cougars in movies, go out and rent "Dirty Work". I find it to be a hillarious movie, the horrible acting being one of the main factors towards that. The cougar is a silver/grey 67 or 68, and is in 2 scenes... The first, right after the "Pina Coladas" bar fight, right in front of the frat house, you can see it from the front. The second scene is when the frat boys roll up on the main character and beat him up a second time, torowing him in the dumpster. The car seems to be a beauty, I only wish they would have shown more of the cougar instead of the main characters car.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Bond Film Car

More trivia about the bond film

One of the cars in the film (I have been told that there were 3 identical vehicles) is here in the UK. I know someone who has seen it but have not seen it myself. The owner has had a marti report done on it. The story goes that the car was drag raced to death and then at some stage exported from the US to the UK. Presumably it was then thrashed and abused some more and eventually turned up in a breakers yard in London. What a find! Hopefully one day it well get restored but in the meantime at least it is safe from the crusher and is in the hands of an enthusiast.

If anyone reading can help me with the wiring colors/pin layout for an XR7 ignition switch connector then I would really appreciate some help. Currently trying to work out how to wire a connector from a standard car to an XR7 harness and without the XR7 schematics it is difficult. HELP! PLEASE!

• 69 Cougar eliminator clone in the making 351w / fmx
  • 99 Rover Mini Cooper Sports
  • 01 BMW 330dse

·
Registered
889 Posts
check your private messages

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hope the UK Bond cougar stays in a nice home, hate to hear about them being thrashed like that, thats was seems to have happened to my 70, they were going to blow it up in a movie till it got rescued.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey 69coug, I have a magazine ad from '67 on my office wall with "Mercury, the Man's Car" at the bottom. Gets a big rise out of the Chevy guys.

Ron.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
lol Ron. i have that ad on my wall in the room. thats a pic from the bottom of the ad. always funny and gets a rise from everyone

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Personally I prefer this one.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
lol, how come i cant use photoshop for crap?? lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just saw another Cougar, I believe a 67, in a newer film called "Frailty" with Matthew McConaughey & Bill Paxton. It's a bizarre and kind of freaky movie, but there's a scene where Bill Paxton is working under the cat in an autoshop. You can rent this one at your local video store.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"how come i cant use photoshop for crap?? lol"

That was done with M/S Word and good old fashioned Paint.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts