Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the actual Throw on the headlight actuator on a cougar, mine are currently inoperative and I have to move them by hand and I am not currently able to get to the car.

I am going to be using linear motors or actuators to replace the vacuum actuator setup, has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i set mine up for 2.5 in travel---with the doors adjusted @ closed position ,this stroke alligns the lower door radius with the upper door radius when opened---no stops req'd
doctordesoto

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I did a quick search but that thread did not pop up. I will try a few more word combos prior to posting my next question thread.

Is that white button on top of the motor the "open shut-off switch" and if so how much adjustment is on it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
the white knob just turns with the motor. if the unit ever fails or power is lost you can manually rotate it to move the bottom shaft thus opening or shutting the headlight cover.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
one more time i'll mention that these motors are of a self park style---they are powered at all times---if your motor stops short of the park positin , when you manually activate the system by turning the knob , it CAN take off and park itself---there is not enough time to think and not enough room for the h/l door and your hand---be careful here
doctordesoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts