Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my sons 67 back together. We did not take it apart. We are eliminating the vacuum head lights and going with the probe. We are not finding the headlight switch. Can we use a Mustang switch?

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you have a local Mustang parts vendor, they would have a switch in stock and could compare, if not, check out on-line parts houses for pictures. I would think they are the same!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 should be the same as mustang---the power for the actuator relay just came from the h/l side of the circut---68 had the vac circut built in the switch and is unique to itself ---i think the 69 up and 67 actually can use the same switch--also avail @ napa

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
An original 1967 Mustang switch is not the same as a 1967 Cougar (or Comet), they have different Ford part numbers. Mustangs switches had switches rated for 2 headlights, the Cougar switch (C7G... part number I think) was rated for quad headlights.
The manufacturer of the switch that we stock replaces the 1967 Mustang switch but has the higher circuit amperage rating for the additional combined headlight wattage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts