Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 67 standard GT. I would like some advice concerning the details of such.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
We also welcome your questions here !

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
to restore a 67 can be tougher than a 68/70 as many of the parts for the 67 are first year production and the national safety protection act of 1968 was not in place--simple things like the brake peddle is smaller on a 67---just stuff like that

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of the 67 I am buying. http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb246/bogusb2/1967 Mercury Cougar 390 GT/ . Bob Harvey, Harvey on MCnet, scoped it out. Thanks Bob! Solid CA car. Bob noted one issue body wise. Seems to have been a vinyl top car, roof was not prepped correctly before paint. Paint is not a quality job. This car will be a weekend cruiser project for now, but I would like some help with the details. Original seats come with it. tail lights works, headlights need hoses to each motor(therefore, don't know if they are working), and needs AC lines. I am not familiar with the smog set up, so I don't know what's missing. It was Lime Frost, now Omaha Orange, obviously! I guess the wheel option will be on the Marti report. Ordering that in a few minutes.
Vin# 7F91S612041
Door tag 65A I 2A 26E 52 1 U
will get more pics when it arrives.
Looking for some advice on long term approach. I would like this to be "my really nice car" one day. My other 67 I am modifying to be a driver, suspension upgrades, 5 speed, aftermarket wheels & tires, etc.
As always, thanks for your insight and input.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I started this post in the wrong category. Any way to move it?

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Vin# 7F91S612041

Door tag 65A I 2A 26E 52 1 U

65A 2door hardtop bucket seat

I Lime Metallic

2A Black vinyl

26E 26 May 1967

52 Los Angeles

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<TBODY><TR><TD class=line1left>Special Services: Phil Parcells</TD><TD class=line1right>[email protected]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>to get a window sticker and <TABLE style="MARGIN-LEFT: auto; MARGIN-RIGHT: auto" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=line1left>GT, XR-7 GT, 6.5 Litre: Brett Irick </TD><TD class=line1right>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD class=line2 colSpan=2>2 Brookwood Lane, Dearborn, MI 48120-1302, (313) 240-6418

the GT Registar

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
205 Posts
i am not sure by looking at your pics but it seems to me you're missing an idler pully wheel on ac compresser belt which attaches on the top ac bracket

seems like you've got thermator and filter in place. i've got a 289 so different. see my engine
eng_4036.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts