Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally getting up the nerve to check all the wiring and vacuum-related operations in the basement - as a complete system. Last wiring I just pulled was the rear end for taillights/opera lights (soon to weld quarters/wells/trunk floors). Everything is down there and will first check for damage.

Next, will test all the vacuum as a complete connected system. I checked all the vacuum-related parts and hoses separately, and picked up NOS hoses for the a/c climate control. I checked all the vacuum-related parts and hoses separately, but have wanted to do this for a long time.

For electrical testing, any recommendation on how to set up a ground for all the wires that are bolted onto the body/frame? Could I use a long piece of narrow 1/4" scrap metal, and place it on some rubber, to simulate tires as ground for the car? Plenty more to think through/discuss with the MC extended family. Pics will be coming tomorrow I hope.

As further FYI, I have power brake booster, a/c, tilt, am/fm. Eric.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Eric,

On the ground, you can use anything, metal or wire, the rubber to simulate tires is unneeded and unnecessary.

Personally, I test everything on the car, but to each their own!

Regards,

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts