Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Wow, Cougar number 6, introductory show unit.

What is that curved piece under the steering column?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow is right, I've heard this car was still around. Looks to be in pretty decent shape, overall.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes indeed, this car has been around and known in BC and here in Washington for many years. It is legit, and in decent shape. Caution is in order however to anyone who might want to buy and "restore" it; there are significant differences between the first eight serial numbered '67 Cougars and the rest of the regular production, because the first 8 were show units. For those interested see the story on Cougar 1 to learn about those differences. Restoring that car, to say concours condition, would result in it not doing well at a judged show (because the average production Cougar was not made with those differences, and so the judging rules do not provide for them). Stiill a neat car and I hope it finds just the right owner to treat it well.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I guess I need to check my 67 xr7 project in the back make sure it still has that part on it.Its supposively one of 410,with all the tilt and cruise package on it. Im pretty sure that cover is still there I hope! I do have one spare 67 tilt steering column too with cruise on it,and another with just tilt. I wonder how many cruise control set ups are out there for the 67's. I have 2 here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts