Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

My dash is a big pile of monkey poo... anyone take the pad off their 67 before? and have pics of it without the pad on?

My friend has 2 '65 falcons without the pad and they look decent without them, but they originally had this little pad. So, I'm wondering what the underside of the cougar looks like without the pad... without having to take it apart, say UGH! and put it back together... know what I mean Vern?

Anyone with pics?? anyone? anyone???

Thanks,
Robert

[email protected]

·
Registered
123 Posts
No pics, but on my 68 the pad is off, that's the way it was when I brought it. It looks like...well like the pad is missing. If your into that " my project is no where finished look" this is the way to go.
I have a decent pad to put on, but I have been looking for an interchange ( which I may have found). Any 30 yo OEM pad is just not long for this world. Since I'm doing a restomod I'm not concerned about originality, especially since the cost of a pad resto is through the roof.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say interchange, are you saying a pad from something other than a cougar that will fit and look decent?

the pad I have on right now is split, warped upwards at both ends and sagging above the gauge area.

I'm also not going for the restoration process.. let me know what you find out about the interchange and that "decent" pad you have laying around.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah - I'm taking measurements on a couple of 70's duster/valiants. They don't have as much overhang, but so far seem as though it will work. I have a ways to go yet, but they are availble repop really cheap. I'll let you know as soon as I do the deed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a friend out here in Utah with a 68 and here put in a dash from a 68 Mustang. He said that it bolted right in with no mods here did have to do some rewiring. Doesn't look too bad, but it does look different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts