Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rear shot of same car with XR7G exhaust tips in rear valance. I had a new exhaust with H pipe put in when I picked it up. I also sold Cragars off of it and put on magnum 500's. Hope you like....

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow the paint really does look like mine! Your car is kinda part 68 part 67, with the side markers lights in the front and the "G" rear valance. Looks good - Chad

·
Registered
75 Posts
is that a true "g" rear valance? do you know where i can get a new repro or a used one?

thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 minutes.........

Like I said, I put new exhaust on it after buying it. I called my exhaust guy and told him I was putting these tips on the system and he was familiar with them.....he told me that the exhaust would come out on both sides of gas tank or something like that. Whatever he told me, I backed the car up to my shop and looked under there and it made sense, so I took the trim rings out of the package and layed them on valance, drew a pencil mark around opening, and got out my right hand aviation snips. Ten minutes and a couple bloody knuckles later the valance was ready for trim rings and the exhaust to be finished. He had no problem with them at all....it was easy. I gotta say, though, that the trim rings don't have suitable fasteners for the application in my opinion. I haven't driven car much yet but expect to lose trim rings unless I improve on the retention clips that were supplied to put on studs that stick through valance. They really need to be threaded studs with nuts on the back. Anyways.....good luck if you want to do it to yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts