Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1poke: Hey everyone, got another one for you:

I have a GT Cougar that is a rolling body. There is no interior (although a partial interior can be provided). No motor (once again something may be worked out). The body is straight. Doors and glass are solid. Tilt steering set up. Front disc brakes still there. Could make a great drag car or even a pro street. You could build that convertible you always wanted. drop a 5.0 and do the EFI conversion. The possibilities are endless!

If you have any questions about this car contact me at [email protected]

resonable offers will not be refused

·
Registered
576 Posts
A quick question

I have a quck question for you ... I see that you have both a GT and a STD coup (67) .... I am looking into buying a std coupe and have a 351 clev to put into it .... are the shock towers the same in the GT and the STD???? I ask because I am worried about my motor fitting .... :confused:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 351C swap is possible. There is plenty of room in the '67. I have seen the 351C and 351W swaps in both '67 and '68 Cougs. There are some slight modification that you have to do to make the swap work. Nothing to serious from what I have heard. The motor mounts and the radiator are going to be an issue, but like I said, nothing too serious. Good luck with the swap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts