Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this ratty Cougar in September for $400. It was really rough, but I have a soft spot for Cougars. My first car when I was 14 was a 68 Cougar. After visiting Cuba a couple weeks ago, I was inspired to bring this rusty Cougar back to life. Make it cheap and fun. I've made a couple of videos of the car. I'll keep you guys up to date with pictures and video of the build. I can't post links to the videos, so you can find it on youtube if you type in user name "Car Groves". Just got done with doing the floor pans of the car for $300.
cougarpt1.jpg
cougarpt2.jpg
cougarpt6.jpg
cougintfinished.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watching with interest

Ford even make a trunk lid badge for it
Haha they did! Thanks for watching, did you find the channel? I don't know how long it will be until it lets me post my Cougar videos? Maybe a member here can post a link...

·
Contributing Member
5,860 Posts
Haha they did! Thanks for watching, did you find the channel? I don't know how long it will be until it lets me post my Cougar videos? Maybe a member here can post a link...

Yep - found the channel. What you are doing is likely to generate more aggravation than wearing a MAGA hat at a democratic convention but I'm here to learn from your experiences

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
....What you are doing is likely to generate more aggravation than wearing a MAGA hat at a democratic convention but I'm here to learn from your experiences
I obviously a LS swap with my build, but I found this forum to be quite friendly and receptive...or at least not outwardly hostile. LOL

Andrew

·
10,974 Posts
Not what I would do but it's your car and your money. I think value of the finished product would be augmented by using a Ford powerplant in a Ford product. Think about what it would be like to have an Ecoboost in a '68 Camaro.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after a long delay I'm back knocking out work on the Cougar. I fixed the rust near the drivers quarter window, and order a bunch of parts from WCCC to fix the actual quarter windows. I also pulled the trans and motor. The trans is salvageable but the motor is shot, cylinders would need a half inch overbore

·
10,974 Posts
Perfect opportunity to install a 5.0 in it!

So after a long delay I'm back knocking out work on the Cougar. I fixed the rust near the drivers quarter window, and order a bunch of parts from WCCC to fix the actual quarter windows. I also pulled the trans and motor. The trans is salvageable but the motor is shot, cylinders would need a half inch overbore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts