Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all..i have a 1967 cougar c2 289 bored .030 over. engine is excellent..the only thing that it needs is weather stripping, headliner, carpet totally needs redone, needs 2 bucket seats to be recovered with moss green leather(or is it vinyl?). im in the process of disc sanding all the old primer off and down to bare metal to prime it and then repaint to seafoam green. does anyone have a four barrel manifold or carb for sale for the 67 289? and also, do you have 2 bucket seats that are fully leathered that are in good to excellent condition? and also im looking for a 289 airpan breather.. it has on a 302 breather..also
im looking for a complete stainless steel or aluminum exhaust SYSTEM..and does anyone know where i can find out how to rejet the carburetor when i put on a sport or racing exhaust? it has on 2 glass packs, dual exhaust, therefore it doesnt need rejetted...it will with high flow exhaust..any help on this?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
CHECK E-BAY

I have seen a couple of 4-bbl. intakes and severl air cleaner housings recently. keep checking under "cougar parts". Have fun and welcome to the "COUGAR CLUB"..

67 289 4bbl 4spd trans am racer
69 351w convertible cruiser
69 351w 4bbl sports special driver:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rather than searching for an old cast iron(very heavy) 4 barrel manifold I would recomend an aluminum Edelbrock Perfromer 289, not only does it give better performance, it is also alot lighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts