Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally almost all black starting to put things together as I go. Still a lot more work ahead of me. I added pictures to my photobucket. Like a lot of you building your own cars that I have seen they look familier. Hope to have it done this spring http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac213/coolgar/

Reactions: AZCAT

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Wow, very impressive fabrication and welding skills...

Nice work!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I like to share back. I have looked at ECI,s and other peoples post several times wondering what this or that is supposed to look like or how you do something.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I made them out of 4x4 tubing. When I get this thing done and get some spare time Im going to make some more along with some steering wheel centers.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Alot of work/$$$ there you went all out!! Looks great cant wait to see it finished

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Finally almost all black starting to put things together as I go. Still a lot more work ahead of me. I added pictures to my photobucket. Like a lot of you building your own cars that I have seen they look familier. Hope to have it done this spring http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac213/coolgar/
Looks like we are going to have very similar cars! I am doing a 67 standard in black with similar engine build, 4 wheel disc etc. I have a nine inch N case from a cobra jet car that I am using though. Is yours a strange case? Mine is still in primer and I am currently fixing some trunk floor rust. Once that is done there are a couple quarter panel patches to do. Then is is a complete front suspension change and off to paint. Please keep putting up pics and let us know how the progress is. I am going to benchmark yours on my project.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. Post some pictures. I like to see how other people do things lots of good ideas out there. The rear is a explorer 8.8 factory 4.10s trac lok you only have to shorten one side and get another short axel. The park brake hooks up to the cougar set pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Looks like we are going to have very similar cars! I am doing a 67 standard in black with similar engine build, 4 wheel disc etc. I have a nine inch N case from a cobra jet car that I am using though. Is yours a strange case? Mine is still in primer and I am currently fixing some trunk floor rust. Once that is done there are a couple quarter panel patches to do. Then is is a complete front suspension change and off to paint. Please keep putting up pics and let us know how the progress is. I am going to benchmark yours on my project.
An 8.8. Of course. Guess I should do more than glance at the photo. I put an 8.8 in a Jeep. I will try to start a gallery with some progression pics. Need to read up how to do that. Did you have to rescue the cowl vents too?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. There is not anything on this car that has not had to fixed. I have hundreds pictures so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts