Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Hey Jeff, that's cool someone got a video of your run. John :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I was out at the same drag strip as Jeff and there was a person that I know also with a Green '70 Cat that ran a 12.25 (can't remember what the speed was, other than that it was over 100 mph). John

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice run. Car seemed to hook up solid. Great job. I'd love to break into the 11s with my 408 running 4:11s when I'm done.

·
Registered
389 Posts
need to get the brake lights working. :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Cool. Looks & sounds great. I'd be tickled pink with a 1.85 60' time. I've got less engine than you in my '69, and with Cal-Tracs and 275/60/15 drag radials, I can seldom obtain a sub 2 second 60'. Even if I manage to thread the needle between bogging it out of the hole and blowing the tires away in a haze of smoke.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
One word: Awesome!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That has to feel pretty good! I have been in a few cars that will set you back in the seat, none of them mine and none quite like that or on a track!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Some mighty fine shift'in. Cool to see a kitty bounce around between gears!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's cookin' pretty good! Wasted the ...red...whatever it was in the other lane.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
That's cookin' pretty good! Wasted the ...red...whatever it was in the other lane.
It was either a Ford Pinto wagon or a Mercury Bobcat wagon. John

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Nice run. Makes me want to get mine out to the track and see what she will do, but first, dyno tune. What mods did you do to the rear end? I am thinking I need to weld on a brace on the back side and upgrade my axles before I go to the track.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Thumbs up! The weight transfer looks real good the whole way - she's drifting a bit though. Maybe you didn't heat 'em up enough and I bet runnig a little less pressure in the tires will get you hooking up like nobody's business. Sweet cat dude!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. Yea I need to heat the tires up more adjust the shocks preload the cal tracs more hoping to get 11.50 the cut off mark for a cage, and a cage is not going to happen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts