Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do I need to change the visor mounts to a 67/68 Mustang? Probably so...?

2. What are the differences between convertible and the other Cougar visor rods and visor sizes if any?

3. What are the differences between the 65/66 Mustang convertible visor mounts/brackets and the ones for 67/68? I like that the 65/66 parts have the reinforment piece as the visor rod comes out thru the visor bracket (chrome piece)

4. If I use the 65/66 visor brackets (that mount behind the front windshield and clamp down the convertible top) will I have to use a 67/68 visor rod?

5. Are the 67/68 Mustang sund visors the same as 67 XR7 sun visors in appearance?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
1. Do I need to change the visor mounts to a 67/68 Mustang? Probably so...?

2. What are the differences between convertible and the other Cougar visor rods and visor sizes if any?

3. What are the differences between the 65/66 Mustang convertible visor mounts/brackets and the ones for 67/68? I like that the 65/66 parts have the reinforment piece as the visor rod comes out thru the visor bracket (chrome piece)

4. If I use the 65/66 visor brackets (that mount behind the front windshield and clamp down the convertible top) will I have to use a 67/68 visor rod?

5. Are the 67/68 Mustang sund visors the same as 67 XR7 sun visors in appearance?

Thanks
You'll want to use the 67-68 Mustang convertible windshield header pieces. The visors are different for the convertible, but the look is basically the same. You'll also need the '67-68 rods. For these models, the sunvisors clip into holds on the mirror bracket, as I recall. I don't remember if the 65-66 do the same thing.

If you haven't taken the roof off yet, you'll discover that the mounting points for the convertible windshield header pieces are already there under the outer sheet metal skin of your roof.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 mirror bolts to the header---68 glues to the windshield with a separate bracket to support the visor rods---you can make a 68 type visor end support out of a broken 67 mirror bracket if you want a glue on mirror---the day / night system is cheezy on the 67 and tends to vibrate---i believe the real dif in vert to coupe visors is the height of the visor
doctordesoto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts