1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow that looks really good. Kinda looks like mine. Nice car - Chad

·
Registered
406 Posts
Those steering wheels are funny. You always feel like you're at the arcade when you drive with those ;) - Chad

·
Registered
364 Posts
better check the garage, chad...

maybe it IS yours!

looks great, modified. makes no sense to me why any car would have a hood scoop and not buckets, but what do i know?

·
Registered
168 Posts
WoW

Beautiful, can I get a scoop like that in the aftermarket:confused:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right,Chad, I already a factory one to put on it, I don't mind that steering wheel too much but like the factory ones better. As a matter of fact, I wonder if you can put a steering wheel off of new cars on old ones........meaning I work for Ford for a living building Explorers and Mountaineers. The black and silver Mountaineer steering wheel (leather wrapped) is sharp and comfortable. Do you think it's a direct swap or not?

·
Registered
406 Posts
hmm... It'd be pretty neat to try! You could probably pull it off somehow but i don't know - Chad

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks sweet..why does it have a '68 fender? '67's did not have side marker lamps. I like the armrest part of the seat.
:1poke:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a 68......brain fade I guess

Don't know why I didn't notice I was calling it a 67 on each picture page........even worse I can't believe nobody said nothing before this. Definitely a 68.....I don't even have a 67 right now.
Thanks for noticing......Keith

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I noticed but didnt say anything, but Chad did say something. My question is if its a 68, where are the rear quarter marker lights, they should match the front markers except for lens color, right?
You know I'm curious, I drug a 68 home many years ago, and it was just the oppisite. It had rear quarter markers but not front fender markers. It was one I was hacking up for a stock car and didnt think much of it at the time. Someone please set the record straight.

Also you point out the bench seat as being rare only to 67, I'm pretty sure that one 68 I had was a bench seat car. mm

·
Registered
406 Posts
A 68 would typically look like this, a car which happens to be mine! The thing I like about the 67's is that the sides came without side markers; they looked so clean! Shave the door handles to, and take off that one emblem in the rear, that would be pretty sweet. - Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
This is getting interesting. I did notice it didn't have the rear markers as well. One way to know what year it is, what's the first number in the vin...7=67, 8=68. If it's a '67, someone put '68 fenders on it. If it's a '68, someone replaced or repaired the quarters and did not redrill for the side markers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
One last thing, in 67 those interior door handles were unique to the XR-7, as was the shifter bezel I believe, so my new revised question is, is it a 67 XR-7 with 68 front fenders? Am I being nosey? Yes. Does it really even matter? No. - Chad

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've seen some great looking Cougars on this forum and on the web but I have to say that the 'Midnight' blue on Modified7 and ChadInman is downright beautiful on the 67/8 Cougar!

Rock ON!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Gee Thanks! ;) I've got more pics on here too if you haven't seen them already. - Chad

·
Registered
4 Posts
awsome Car

Now that's a car, my first car at 15 was a 67XR7 with a tranplanted 428, I put the scoop on off a 69 Mach 1, but I must say I envy you for having it. Say who's the guy that keeps showing that blue Cougar? Must have got his first****x* in that car. Sorry man I love Cougars but only the cool one's!!!!!!!!!:1poke:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: blue cougar

wvcat said:
nope I didn't do my ex in it......lol
John
Haha you didn't want to mess up those seats! - Chad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts