Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 67 Cougar a couple years ago from a friend. Base coupe, 289/C4, PS, PB complete but not running. Car was very rusted. Replaced floor boards, quarter patch panels both sides front and rear of wheel wells, rebuilt inners and drops both sides, rebuilt the trunk and tail panel as needed, vinyl roof car with rotten roof under the vinyl. Found a 68 with a good roof and trashed body, cut the roof off and put it on the 67. Did some custom work such as shaved door handles and drip rails, tucked the back bumper, built a custom spoiler, put on sport mirrors, reversed the hood hinges, was about to start on the front end.
Turns out the 68 Cougar is a big block car. Motor and trans gone but the 9" is still there. Still has quite a bit of the parts as well as big and small block headers in the trunk.
My buddy said the 289 in the 67 smoked which was why he pulled it out, trans shifted good. Motor and trans come with (289/C4 combo). Interior is complete although it needs carpet, headliner and front seat covers.
I found a rusted but complete 67 Tbird which I was able to drive home, period correct 390/C6 combo which I thought with the 68 big block Cougar as parts would be a pretty simple swap to end up with a Cougar with a 390. Apparently they went pretty good. I haven't been able to work on the car for going on a couple years because of work away from home commitments and will be moving soon. This would be a good project for someone wanting to get a good start for cheap with lots of parts to sell off to help with the finances. I can send pictures of before and after and how things sit now. 67 is still in bare metal in a warm dry heated garage so repairs can be seen. 68 and the tbird are buried under lots of snow but can be dug out if need be. Call me at 250-267-8427 or email me at [email protected]. I can help with shipping etc if needed. Cars are located in Williams Lake BC which is about 6 hours north of Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you haven't already provided the vins and the left door data code plate information to the national database, please either post that information here, or PM me and I'll see that it gets there. We'd sure appreciate having the information. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hmmm.... 67 T-bird......Hmmmm. PM with some details, might have someone who could be interested. When you moving? How quick you need them sold?
Thank you for your time.
Lloyd

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here are some pictures, in no particular order, for starters. I'll see what else I can find to put up as well. http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/Cougar6768/

Not interested in parting these out. Sell as a package only. All are currently rollers (tbird ran last fall) which makes them easier to move around.

Tbird has been sitting for several years so should not be looked at as a long distance driver. I drove it about 10 miles when I brought it home. It does have some broken exhaust manifold bolts so it is loud. I see if I can find pictures of it. It is complete but not perfect. Lots of good parts or lots of work to restore (just like anything else).

I think I supplied the "numbers" on an older post a couple years ago when I first started the fun with these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts