Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Susanne 714-821-1280 / email [email protected] needs to get rid of her late fathers 67 std 289 A code / blue /blue by Saturday. Solid complete car, pick apart offered her $400, I told her it is worth north of $2000 even though it is no-op and in primer but she needs it gone!!!! Stored indoors for 30 years!!! They sold the house and are closing this weekend. Smokin deal...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
You left coasters get all the good deals! :cry:

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked at the pictures. Car has AC, looks straight and rust free, no vinyl top and 30 years of dust!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
picking the car up in the morning. Looks like a nice survivor. Thanks for the call Don!!!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
picking the car up in the morning. Looks like a nice survivor. Thanks for the call Don!!!
We're glad that you got the message, you were the only local person I could think of with access to a trailer.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you could score! The lady really did not care about money, just needed it gone fast and loathed sending it to pic-a-part. She said the last time she rode in it she was 8 years old. Post some pictures when you can!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
In the words of Jim Carey, SCHMOKIN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Very cool Story, Brah! Post dusty and clean pics..Wow, can't wait to see the result!

:)

Glad it's in the "Family"

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And located in the same area my 69 CJ vert came from, also from the original owner! Chances are they passed each other from time to time and gave the "nod".

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
IMG00208-20110929-1224.jpg IMG00210-20110929-1225.jpg
Well here she is. 67 standard. Looks to be Gold with blue interior. Interior is apart and pretty bad unfortunately. Body is pretty darned straight. Small dent on one of the quarters. 289 with AC, PS and power drum brakes. Engine compartment is complete. Was running when parked in 1983. I will prolly try to get it started first after changing all the fluids. Didn't get any keys with it so I have not been able to get into the trunk. A little bit of rust at the base of the rear windshield. Should be interesting!!!! Thanks again to Don & Scott. I don't know why I bought it..... as my wife is thinking the same, but I guess more is better.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Zog I am sure you know all this but something that has done wonders for me when resurrecting 10-20 year old engines is drain all the fluids as you noted. replace fluids, then I drop 1/8th to a 1/4 cup of oil down the sparkplug hole of each cylinder, let it sit for a day and then hand crank it around a couple rotations and let it sit for another couple days before firing to let the oil drip down and penetrate all of the rings. I generally clean/rebuild the carb as well before firing it as the gaskets will be rotten and your accelerator pump / valve will probably disintigrate when you fire it up. In extreme cases where it has been sitting un-cranked for more than 10 years it might be a thought to pop the vavle covers and pour some good quality startup oil over the valve-train while you hand crank it a couple times. Something I always do on an engine that hasnt been fired in even a few years is prime the oil pump with a drill and an old distributor. Get the oil preassure up for a couple of minutes right before you actually turn the key.

Whether you keep the car or you have just saved it to pass on to someone else it sounds like a great deal. Congrats :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
For future reference I have a trailer too.... {:?)>
We're glad that you got the message, you were the only local person I could think of with access to a trailer.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is it, ENCLOSED, AIR, SLEEPING AREA, KITCHEN, COUCHES, BOX FULL OF SNAP ON'S, DOUBLE DECKED, HOIST, REAL ROSEWOOD SIDE WALLS, STAINLESS FLOORS, HEATED, TV, i-PAD IN PLACE, SUPER SOUND SYSTEM, CEILING and SIDE WALL LIGHTING, and with DAYTON WIRES?

Let's see, you have (10), that's TEN neat cars, and wonder just WHY you weren't called..... Oh, you poor guy, LOL.

Nothing personal, just thought I couldn't pass on your post.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Nope is just a double axle open feather light aluminum job..I had 25 muscle cars at one time so I am shy a few .... I do actually have a empty slot in my garage for an addition, But would prefer to fill it with a 70 G code, 67 GT or RWB Rebel machine.
Is it, ENCLOSED, AIR, SLEEPING AREA, KITCHEN, COUCHES, BOX FULL OF SNAP ON'S, DOUBLE DECKED, HOIST, REAL ROSEWOOD SIDE WALLS, STAINLESS FLOORS, HEATED, TV, i-PAD IN PLACE, SUPER SOUND SYSTEM, CEILING and SIDE WALL LIGHTING, and with DAYTON WIRES?

Let's see, you have (10), that's TEN neat cars, and wonder just WHY you weren't called..... Oh, you poor guy, LOL.

Nothing personal, just thought I couldn't pass on your post.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
564 Posts
Good for you Zogman a good score for 500 bucks as the console is worth at least half of that. She sent me pics last night but it just did not turn my crank lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
mopardon, well, glad to hear/read you are a REGULAR OLE GUY, hehehe.

Good for you, hope you fill that SPOT soon, keep the floor shinning.

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
View attachment 27879 View attachment 27878
Well here she is. 67 standard. Looks to be Gold with blue interior. Interior is apart and pretty bad unfortunately. Body is pretty darned straight. Small dent on one of the quarters. 289 with AC, PS and power drum brakes. Engine compartment is complete. Was running when parked in 1983. I will prolly try to get it started first after changing all the fluids. Didn't get any keys with it so I have not been able to get into the trunk. A little bit of rust at the base of the rear windshield. Should be interesting!!!! Thanks again to Don & Scott. I don't know why I bought it..... as my wife is thinking the same, but I guess more is better.
Just get the code off the glove box lock and we will cut you a new one. Congrats!

<center> </center>

1 - 20 of 34 Posts