Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm a new member and I have a 1967 cougar convertible and I can't seem to find a decent catalog or website for restoration parts. Anyone got sources? I know year one is really good for the more popular cars like mustangs and Camaros and corvettes and novas. Haven't seen anything good for cougars. Anyone know of good places to order parts?

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Welcome Ramrod! Look forward to speaking with you, I have a 68 Cougar Convertible and might have some insight for you on a couple of things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys mustangs unlimited is a pretty good site I'll probably be using that one tha most but 68xr, I just got the car and I'm actually on deployment right now so I have no idea what kinda shape it's in but my buddy that picked it up just said it was really rough haha sorry

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome Ramrod88,
Yeah Cougars are a little tough to find parts for,..as few reproductions parts are currently being made. You can get many of the small parts and most of the suspension and floor pan parts are compatible, from similar year Mustangs, with slight modifications.
Did you know that Mercury did not build Cougar convertibles in '67 and '68. So, If you own one, you are in a very exclusive club, as they exists only as custom hand built cars,....modified from Mustang convertible components of similar years. Sure would like to see some pics of your rare Cat,.....in any condition. When you have an opportunity, give us your home location or where you are posted,.....You may find some new friends near by when back home.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Welcome - I was hoping for some pics! How did you find/get the cat anyway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it was my grandfathers car and he passed away recently so they were gng to scrap it cuz they didn't know what to do with it. I told my friend to go get it. I vaguely remember the car because I grew up seeing it all the time but it wasn't a looker so it really never caught my attention but im gunna try to turn her around weel see what happens. And back home I'm from Conroe but I live in Carrizo springs in tx so yeah. Conroe isn't far from Houston so I'm bound to find people there that have cougars or parts or whatever. I'm just planning on going to a couple car shows get some ideas meet some people. My friend is really good with cars, he has a 72 mustang he put together from ground up so Ill learn a lot haha

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Pics will answer our questions, and then we can better answer his..
Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts