Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another forum asked about early converts, and I remeber seeing Kevin Marti's one of, so I scanned the picture and put it in the gallery. Man tha looks sweet. I wander why they didnt produce them as a production run, they look sweeet.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I have a couple of those articles. I was going to do that to my 67 until the 70 came along.The stuff I've read says the car was selling well enought and they didn't want to cut into mustang sales. Not to mention the added cost..

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
BTW. The article has shots in color and it does look excellent...

Broce

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
There are a few more "67 vertibles" now in existance.
A few other Cougar collectors have taken up the gauntlet and hand made them.
There are several convertible "eliminators" out there as well.
Both of these Mercury should have built.
A project that I was thinking about was a 67/68 fastback Cougar and I have a picture of the artists rendering somewhere. It really looked sharp. i might do it when my ship comes in..

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's funny you guys would mention convertibles and fastbacks. The other day I was bored and was playing with my car. I won't ever do this, but like I said I was bored. Oh...and I already now I did a crappy job. lol:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
That does look pretty cool. Would love to see what it was like finished. Here I am thinking I'm all cool with my little picture editing when someone already did it. Too bad you had to get rid of it!:eek:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
thought that i would join in as well....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
give it time... lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wonder if we could do a hardtop conversion on our cats? I saw a '65 mustang like that on the mustang website(stangnet.com) that I post on. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve,
take the hood off n put a big blower on it, then i say your stylin n profilyn lol..
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Check these out! Found on the web a while ago. Let me know if you ever see one for sale!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
No problem Steve, I'll let you know right after I buy it...lol...
They look real good, don't they....

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Bruce, I actually saw one for sale in the trader that was in Florida about a year ago, Kicking myself for not going after it.:(

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Don't get me started, Never look back, always look ahead...
BTW, I want to paint the 70 vert. and I can't pick a color. I was going to stick with black, but the more I look, the more I can't pick one .....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Sorry Rick, for sidetracking your thead. I think Ford should have built it,look at the lines, the car is a natural....

Bruce

1 - 20 of 20 Posts