Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know which window the 1967 Car of the Year sticker was put on? My old brain seems to remember that it was put on the driver's side 1/4 window. As well, was this a sticker that was put on at the factory or at the dealership? ... and on all 67s or just a select few during a certain time period?
...Just a few things I was thinking about today.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have always seen them on the drivers side. It would seem to me that they would only be on cars after a certain date in 67 being that when they pick which car is the best they have already been released to the public. Dealer or Factory I'm not sure. - Chad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my old brain aint that bad after all!! Thanks for the help Chad. Now part deux... 100 points to anyone that can describe the exact? location on the 1/4 window...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Doooooh! ok i know i have a picture somewhere from an old CCOA news letter somewhere. Let me find it 1/5 and i'll let you know.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
> 67 Car of the Year sticker

Here is a pic of my girlfriends 67 A-code STD with AC,
Pwr front disc brakes, am radio , buckets with comfort weave,
and councel. Single exhaust?? Why anyone would order
the 289 4bbl with single exhaust is strange, but they were in
their 40s when they bought the car. The cat was born on
April 6th 1967.
She purchased from the orig owner with 91,000 miles.

Orig owner bought the cat in NC ,where they lived, for his wife . Then drove it to winter home in FL where they lived for 3 months a year.
Zeibarted twice, repaint once
with orig color Ford code #8 Jamaican Yellow #1955-A

The NC dealer put the "Car of the Year" sticker on the
passenger side.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Car of the Year

Just to add my 2 cents... On my 67 it is in the bottom middle of the passenger side quarter window.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Maybe my memory isn't as good as I think it is : ( - Chad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto!

Well Chad, my memory is in question now as well...but it's a 2 to 2 tie! ( in a manner of speaking...I guess pictures are better proof than memory!) Would be great to get a copy of the memo the dealerships would most likely have received in regards to the placement of the sticker. By the way, great looking cars!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts