Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know, i have a 67 Bench seat car. the bench isnt in bad shape and ive really gotten to like it. the question is, when i start to part out the 67, id like to put the bench seat into the 69. i really like it and to me, its just cool. i doubt ill have any problems putting the bench itself in, but to keep things all looking proper, id like to put the rear seat in as well. will that just swap in too? or are there width differences between the 67/8 and the 69/70? just want an idea before i do it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?? anyone?? .... Bueller????

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve
if you can measure the bolt holes from underneath the cars and see if they are idential to one another .Should help determine if they fit or not
thanks
pat

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a 69 Bench seat car so maybe I can help. The distance from seat track to seat track was 43 1/2" +/- 1/4". It's kind of hard to be more accurate than that with the seats in. The 69 Bench rubs the carpet when fully forward so if the 67 seat touches it may not be as big an issue as you might assume. I don't know about the back seat but I think the 67 is a little too small. The bottoms just pop up (no bolts) so that's an easy one to check.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cool. ill give ti a shot. and you just reminded me of a 69 Bench seat car i really really wanted on Ebay. didnt meet the reserve but i was high bidder. white interior too... sigh..... if anyone has a 69 Bench seat car for sale in the future... i want it. cant afford it now, but one day ill have cash again lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts