Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine cracked in two and my lame attempt to mend it was short lived: this is the part on a 67 auto with console. You know the lite that highlites PND21...well when you go under the console to change the lamp you will see that there is a shroud covering the bare bulb and a plastic "lamp shade" which covers the pin hole in the shroud. I suppose it diffuses the pin hole light beam to illuminate the entire plastic indicator jewel rather than just the center. (Man I can't believe I used those terms to describe that stinking piece of broken plastic)!!!

Any one got one for reasonable?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Those console/shifter peices are hard to find in good condition! But the good news is that they do pop-up on ebay from time to time, which is where I got mine. Good luck locating one. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bud

I was searching while I got notification of your response...What is a good search "console lens" ???

Thanks again...
Johnny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow

That auction escaped my search based on the way it was entered, but prospects look good for now...he had the light assembly listed seperately and I have emailed him to see if it is included with either auction or if he has it listed seperately...

Thanks for the lead...Johnny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts