Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there are trick to getting that ginormous stupid box out? I have a nice one in the new parts car. (Did I just say I have a nice, ginormous box?!?!?!?)
In the past, I have not always taken the necessary time perhaps, but I really want to salvage some of these parts, VS an un needed broken stud, etc....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
take out pass front seat , console ,glove box,radio and have at it when reinstalling it i found it easier to install the center section (motor) andthen the side section (heater/ac cores)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't imagine how the guys on the assembly line put these things together.....There just isn't any room to work inside the car!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Make sure you unhook the A/C box drain hose. If you pull the carpeting down you can get clearance for the A/C drain. If you pull the passenger side kick panel it will give you a little more room. Also the vacuum actuators on the outise of the box should be removed before you try pulling the big box out. You are right it is a tight squeeze.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I just can't imagine how the guys on the assembly line put these things together.....There just isn't any room to work inside the car!
Didn't Ya know? that box was the first thing down the assembly line... they built the car around it :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts