Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 cougar putting back together the front bumper looks like the front bumper I got from a parts find and a barn find the thing is two of the bumpers have a cut out on bottom where the front licence plate would go but the other one has like three cut outs one in the center like the other two and then one on each side like something would of been there like fog lights they are all the same size so I figured 67-68 but is one a xr7 or gte or something and the other two is a standard bumper it looks like factory stamping so did they make different 67-68 front bumpers ?

thanks

eric

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It sounds like you have two that are for a 67/8 and one for a 69. I believe the 69 had the Elanor lights in the bumper?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the 67 and 68 did not have those three cut-outs on the bottom of the bumpers ? they all three look alike and the same size

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Can you post a picture? That will be the easiest way to determine what you have...

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
These pictures should help.

<table id="Contents Table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1967 - 1968 Bumpers and Related Parts
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Bumpers and Bumper Parts to fit a 67 and 68 Mercury Cougar

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1969 - 1970 Bumpers and Related Parts
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Bumpers and Bumper Parts to fit a 69 and 70 Mercury Cougar
</td></tr></tbody></table>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts