Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on ebay a few times a book with the above title or something like that.......when I click on it , the photo shows a book for Mustang and also Cougar (bridesmaid again). Are any of you familiar with this book and does it give you any information that makes it worthy of twenty to twenty five dollar price?
Thanks in advance.......Keith

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I had looked at one a while back.
Most of the vendors that I saw on the sample pages were ones that I already knew about.
I figure you're better off to spend the money on a subscription to TCCN and hook up with a good chat/forum/club. Searching the internet, watching ebay and just reading other people's posts will help a lot.
That way you will get links and reviews, not just a Yellow Pages type of listing.
Since you're here you're already off to a good start. :) Never under estimate the power of garage talk!
If you need something, just ask.:1poke:

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Here! Here!

Here! Here! Rktmn .... I agree whole heartedly. This kitty den and TCCN are the best sources of info I have ever come across.

I got suckered a few months back and picked up a similar book of parts sources. I found that most of the data was inaccurate, the companies were out of business or the operators were currently displaced and couldn't come to the phone for a few years..... if ya know what I mean.

Save the coin, kick back and surf awhile....you'll be better off for it in the long run. Besides, I find I trust the word of a fellow group member on good people to deal with much more than browsing ad's in a parts guide.

Just my 2 cents worth....

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
interchange

Most Mustang parts are same and several Fairlane /Comet/Torino parts are same.Granada sway bar is a direct bolt in and power window motors are same except for the wire ends which can be fixed.One interchange manual I read almost every thing was wrong. I was astonished to see someone could publish an interchange manual who had clearly never used their own resource.Stick to this board and TCCN as well as Yahoo Cougar server. There is no better info than info coming from tried and true enthusiasts.Catz ya Ray

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I agree with Ray on the Interchange manuals. I own both the Ford Parts Interchange and Ford Engine Parts Interchange manuals and have found so many blatently wrong or missing listings that it is only good as a last resort.
I use this forum, contacts from the Cougar Community and TCCN as my references now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts