Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice 67-68 Cougar. I am looking for a car with or without a motor and tranny but the body has to be done or just need small fixes. No rust , not even surface rust... thats still rust. would like a car with a moon roof but it is not needed. looking for an all around nice car. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's a little out of my price range. i was looking for something less then 10000 (that's my limit). wouldn't mind a small project. was thinking bout a car worthy of 7000 that i could put a little of my own touch into to call my own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I just signed up here. I am offering my brothers 67 XR7 blue with 25k miles on it. It's been in storage for 30 years. I put 10k into it, new gas tank, fuel lines, brakes, etc.. runs great. a/c and all options for that year.. all 100% original. He had a brain anurism, so won't ever drive again, paralyzed.. so put it up for $18,500. Book value is over 30k.. have pics too.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
How do you spend $10K on a car and have it still be 100% original?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The place listing this has it for 6 more weeks. If it doesn't sell please contact me as I will make it worth your wait (and very close to your budget) if you haven't found anything by then. You may find something for $7K but it' s probably going to need things that could easily add up to bigger bucks. Mine is a fresh retoration finished last fall. 95% of the cosmetic stuff is done. Mechanically the car is sound. I frequently see people at cruise ins that wish the car their garage was finished or buy projects only to end up overspending to restore it. You can always tweek a car to your own personal taste.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Looks like a solid car. I would even keep it this way for a little while before dropping in a Boss 9/T56.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, most people that have seen it have told me the same thing that they would keep it just like it is but I do have a never run 351 Cleveland rebulit on an engine stand that could go with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 67 is sold. Good luck Zekechurch, just remember it might be better to spend a little more and buy one finished like mine rather than to find a project that will cause you to run out of money before you're able to finish it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts