Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clutch pedal for my 68. Even a rusty-crusty one would be ok. I don't need the brake pedal or the hanger bracket, just the clutch pedal itself. Anyone have one laying around?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I thought you had an AOD? So it was originally a manual and the new AOD was "not so new"?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what happened: a few months back I replaced the flexplate because some teeth were missing on the ringgear. The new flexplate was incorrect and ruined the pump on the AOD. I replaced the pump and installed the correct flexplate, but that awoke some demon deep within the heart of the aod. Ever since, it has not shifted until it warms up. I've had the valve body and governor apart twice without success. I went so far as to purchase another used aod but I'm scared to install it, as I have no idea if it will be any better than what I've got. A few nights ago, I awoke from a dream wherein a voice was telling me "...install a t5!" After thinking about it, it makes the most sense. I've already got a flywheel, pilot bearing, pressure plate, clutch fork, and the aod crossmember should also work for the t5. That leaves me looking for just the t5 itself and a clutch pedal. So... if you happen to see a clutch pedal laying around, let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts