Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running out of hope to find a replacement face plate (not radio bezel) for the cracked/ruined one I had. When I bought the radio and forked out the dough to restore the innards (resistors/capacitors/etc.), I hadn't realized the black front sides were broken/gone. If anyone has an irreparable am/fm, please please send me an email with pics and price. Thanks, Eric. ([email protected])

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Can you post a picture of the damage you are trying to repair?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my final effort to repair the face failed, I tossed them in the trash. I tried twice with the two-part epoxy (tiny cans), and had cut up one of my am faces. The broken-off black plastic sides also had some of the clear, plus I had a not-so-pretty face crack in the clear plastic section. No matter what I would have tried, don't think it was salvageable.

I did keep the chrome mercury long piece that switches between am and fm.

A forum member did send some 69+ am/fm radios, but would prefer a mercury-correct face.

Eric

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Graham from London, if you're around please send pics to [email protected]. I think we've traded emails in the past maybe on this very topic. If so, I need a 67 or 68 am/fm face. Nothing else will suffice. Thanks, Eric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts