Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think this is the one he is asking about. If someone is really interested I could try to get down there this weekend to check the body. I am not into drag cars but could look at the general condition, floors, etc....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/2538097955.html

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea ssmorby that's the one, if it was built in the 70's as he says you never know what you mind find on it.
I changed the link in the original post.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
For $4200 he is giving the car away.... It's been advertised a couple times over the last 2 years if I recall.. I love the whole 70s thing it's got goin on. :) Very nostalgic.

I don't got $4200 to dump into it or I'd be all over it and I am still trying to maintain my loving marriage which I think would be in serious jeopardy if I were to have another cougar show up at the house.

The timeless wisdom of my wife: "You know that these damn cars aren't just like stray animals you can bring home and save everytime you see one right?!!" :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I must be missing something. I looked at the car online and sure don't see anything to look twice at unless yall are interested in the engine? Never was into modified or drag cars though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would have to agree that $4200 is cheap. Not sure who made the fiberglass tilt front clip or doors, and if they are still being made, but that is just cool, not to mention the dual quads. Lot of effort and expense to build one. Kind of like a Fiberfab front end on a Mustang.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Pretty awesome car and $4200 is a steal. I think I see more than 12" of rubber fuel line though. I wonder what else it needs to pass inspection.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think I did a little research on this car last year or the year before and it had a little racing history on it. That said my brain hurts from too much exercise today so I could be just delusional. I would think this would make an awesome museum piece of 70s racing history :) I wouldn't think it's feasability as a drag car today or even a streetcar would be up to snuff.

Sure would be a helluva ride if it was though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts